Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catch Up...

Well its been a busy time in my knitting world. Went along to the Stitches and Craft show at Melbourne Showgrounds with my Mum, and we had a great time. Bought some yummy Pear Tree yarn (which I have already knit up in to knee hi socks/stockings), and made Mum by a few knitting books and booklets that she just had to have (all of which have taken up resident on my coffee table) *grin*. Thanks, Mama.

I also made my way down to The Ravelry Rockateers SnB this past Saturday for the first time at All Smiles in Ringwood. Everyone was very nice and relaxed and I met some gorgeous knitters. Special mention to Faye, who took the time to show me several different ways to knit and purl (left-handed...ugh!) and Angela, who was a fellow newbie, and encouraged my wanton spending on Rowan wool. I really enjoyed meeting so many fellow enthusiast's and hope to make it along again soon.


So the plan for this week is to get out my wretched lower-right wisdom tooth. So while ice-packs, soup and more ice-packs are in order, I also plan on distracting myself from the discomfort by knitting of course. That and a little West Wing and Dawson's Creek action, will help to soothe the savage beast.


While I wait for my Rowan wool arrival from the UK, I think I am going to improvise a hat I saw in Myer today. With my handy hat arithmetics from Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules, I'm just gonna wing it. Wish me luck


Retrogrl xx

1 comment:

  1. good luck :) with the winging it and it was great to have you at SnB :)

    ReplyDelete